It is the season of teamwork here at LendingCrowd. And in the shape of oval-shaped balls! Yep, that’s right…LendingCrowd is backing one of the world’s most popular sports by offering its own uniquely-branded rugby balls for playing a rugby minis tournament this Sunday. Scotland’s specalist peer-to-business crowdfunder, LendingCrowd, will support Stewart Melville’s Mini Rugby Lions Team. The P3 to P7 year team will play their contemporaries from North Berwick, Hillfoots and Kinross at Inverleith playing fields in Edinburgh. Like rugby, crowdlending is becoming an increasingly popular way of harnessing the power of the crowd who work together to support a good cause: local teams and businesses… Bill Dobbie, Chairman of LendingCrowd whose son will be playing on Sunday, says: “We are pleased to support Stewart Melville School in any way we can – and donating balls to them is all part of supporting a common goal. Rugby is a great way for kids to get fit and active in mind and body – and to demonstrate how effective the power of the crowd is for supporting this popular sport and also for crowdlending. Alternative finance is also a great way for investors to grow their money and for SME business to secure funding to grow their organisation.”
So, while we’re on the subject of using many hands through the power of the crowd, here are a few comparisons between crowdlending and that ‘tough game’….
- Teamwork…Did you know that around 101,000 investors believe in peer-to-business crowdlending as a way of growing their money by investing in over 6000 UK organisations?
- Growth…It’s growing in popularity – the 2011 Rugby World Cup attracted a massive 3.9 billion people from across 750 million global households – and this will be exceeded in the 2015 World Cup!
- Conversions…just like the Mini Mels Lions Team that will be kicking for glory this Sunday – crowdlending platforms are witnessing an increasing number of conversions. This is in converting their money into healthy returns away from more traditional ways of saving – for example through banks.
- Planning…our crowdlending platform allows you to plan your investment by choosing and placing bids on successful businesses of your choice.
- Strategy…Savvy investors know they can diversify their risk by investing in different amounts in a range of businesses across various sectors.
- Goal-orientated…ok, so getting a few tries under your belt will stand you in better stead of winning a game; but keep your eye on the ball and on our on our loan market – it will expose wise investors to new businesses appearing on the market…
Lastly, at LendingCrowd, just like the Stewart Melville’s Mini Rugby Lions Team, we have the right team to make it all happen: To offer a new and novel way to grow your finances on the strength of a credit team with over 100 years of experience…
Good luck on Sunday, lads!