Account Executive, Sales Team
Location: Edinburgh (currently remote)
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable lending platform that provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of business borrowing – earlier this year we announced a transformational new £100m facility to fund small business recovery and growth – we encourage people to think outside the bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has driven over £110m in lending to small businesses, including a significant share of lending to businesses in Scotland. LendingCrowd is positioned to become the trusted choice for SME financing, with a culture of ‘doing the right thing’ at the core of LendingCrowd’s purpose. The business is preparing for substantial investment in further building and scaling its platform and is on course to record its best ever results this year. LendingCrowd is backed by the Scottish Investment Bank (the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise) and a number of prominent investors from Scotland’s finance and entrepreneurial scene.
LendingCrowd is always looking to ‘do the right thing’ and actively encourages the generation and development of ideas from all team members to grow the business. We are currently working remotely but will return to hybrid working with premises in Edinburgh in the next 12 months.
As a key part of our scaling and growth, we have opened an exciting role within our Broker team for an enthusiastic, pro-active Account Executive. If you love the thought of doing deals and the thrill of making a difference to the lives of small businesses and their owners, this is the role for you! Your focus will be account managing a set of partners and driving their clients’ loan applications through our sales pipeline – you will be driving quality leads from partners and seeing these through from application to completion. We work as a team, so our commercial targets are at a team rather than individual level. We have the funding in place to lend more to SMEs in the next 12 months than we have in the previous eight years!
- Managing loan applications and enquiries from partners and other channels within SLAs
- Building and maintaining relationships with a variety of broker partners and business owners
- Maximising the pipeline of eligible applications passed to our Credit Team
- Following up deal progress and getting deals over the line
- Deliver against team targets for lending origination
- Pitching LendingCrowd and its proposition to partners and customers alike
- Working with the team to improve conversion rates across our partners
- Ensure that brokers and other related partners are understand LendingCrowd’s product and platform and comply with our guidelines
- Liaising with our Credit Team to ensure the correct business information is presented with each loan application
- Maintaining accurate, compliant, up-to-date information on our CRM system
- Delivering performance metrics and review presentations/meetings with broker partners
Skills and Experience
We welcome applications from new graduates to this position and those in the early stages of a sales career. In terms of skills and experience, we would expect you to display:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (phone, email, face to face) and a confidence to start conversations
- The ability to be proactive and to build and maintain rapport with external and internal parties
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand and interpret data (e.g. conversion rates, forecasts etc)
- A drive to achieve and exceed targets
- High motivation, self-discipline and the ability to act in a professional manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Business acumen and ideally relevant University education
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to work under pressure and deliver in a time sensitive manner
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- A great team working ethic
We have sponsored team members through Chartered Banker Institute qualifications to ensure that they build a career at LendingCrowd beyond the role.
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org