Credit Risk Administrator
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with in-depth financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable digital marketplace, matching investors who want to generate greater returns with small businesses that need funding to grow and flourish. LendingCrowd provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of borrowing – we encourage people to Think Outside The Bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has facilitated over 560 loans to SMEs across the UK, totalling around £50m (with over £12m loaned in Scotland). We were one of the first in our sector to receive full Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorisation in 2016 and launched one of the first Innovative Finance ISAs in 2017. To date, over 6,700 investors have signed up to the platform. LendingCrowd is backed by Scottish angel syndicate Equity Gap, the Scottish Investment Bank (the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise) and a number of prominent investors from Scotland’s finance and entrepreneurial scene.
LendingCrowd actively encourages the generation and development of ideas from all teams to grow the business. We are based in the attractive West End, have an in-house gym and an open, proactive and team-focused culture.
Could you play an active role in our success?
The Credit Risk Administrator is responsible for working alongside the Senior and Junior Credit Risk Specialists to assist with the end-to-end process of the credit decisions. The role requires organisation and attention to detail within a fast-paced environment, assisting the team on delivering on the SLAs, along with monitoring and reporting on LendingCrowd’s existing and potential borrowers on a day-to-day basis.
The company is supportive of ongoing career development, both through on-the-job training and external institute exams, and this role offers a great opportunity for a driven, motivated individual to accelerate their career progression.
- Carry out appropriate initial searches on borrower applications to establish eligibility and early-stage creditworthiness
- Maintain clear reports on any changes to existing borrowers’ credit reference agency scores
- Monitor, file and report on all internal and external paperwork received for the Credit Team
- Assist Junior and Senior Credit Risk Specialists in day-to-day tasks to ensure that SLAs are delivered
- Maintain a seamless relationship with the Sales Team to ensure LendingCrowd targets are met
- Prepare all loan and security documentation, including registering appropriate documents with Companies House
- Communicate with introducers/borrowers and investors where necessary
- Make contributions on how to improve processes and policy that balance risk with customer service
You would be required to demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and awareness of financial regulation, e.g. Financial Conduct Authority
- Excellent customer focus and attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic and desire to self-develop
- Team work
- Achievement focus
- Competent at working with Microsoft Excel and Word
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role just email your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com