Manager: Financial Controller
Salary: Based on experience
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with in-depth financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable digital marketplace, matching investors who want to generate greater returns with small businesses that need funding to grow and flourish. LendingCrowd provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of borrowing – we encourage people to Think Outside The Bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has facilitated over 560 loans to SMEs across the UK, totalling around £50m (with over £12m loaned in Scotland). We were one of the first in our sector to receive full Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorisation in 2016 and launched one of the first Innovative Finance ISAs in 2017. To date, over 6,700 investors have signed up to the platform. LendingCrowd is backed by Scottish angel syndicate Equity Gap, the Scottish Investment Bank (the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise) and a number of prominent investors from Scotland’s finance and entrepreneurial scene.
LendingCrowd actively encourages the generation and development of ideas from all teams to grow the business. We are based in the attractive West End, have an in-house gym and an open, proactive and team-focused culture.
Could you play an active role in our success? As part of our expansion, we are looking for a talented Finance Assistant responsible for a variety of accounting and banking tasks. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will bring finance experience from a similar role to enhance our ambitious growth plans. Ideally you will have experience in financial services.
- Posting and reconciling of bank transactions within the accounting system
- Prepare daily client money reconciliation
- Management of the purchase and sales ledgers ensuring timely payment
- Carry out daily banking duties
- Support the debt collection process in relation to borrower repayments and any corresponding recoveries actions
- Aid preparation of monthly management accounts
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process
- Update and maintain operational procedures
- Collation of information for FCA returns and other regulatory reporting
- Participate in various project workstreams
You would be required to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant accounting experience
- Proficient in use of accounting software
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Rigorous and consistent approach to monthly reporting procedures
- Solid Excel skills with the ability to handle data in an efficient way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Business acumen, self-motivation and strong relationship skills
- Easy-going nature and able to co-ordinate with different departments
- Debt collection experience
- Knowledge of credit decision making
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role just email your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org