Group Financial Accountant
Location: Edinburgh (currently remote)
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable lending platform that provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of business borrowing – we encourage people to think outside the bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has driven over £85m in lending to small businesses, including a significant share of lending to businesses in Scotland. LendingCrowd is positioned to become the trusted choice for SME financing, with a culture of ‘doing the right thing’ at the core of LendingCrowd’s purpose.
LendingCrowd was accredited by the British Business Bank to provide loans under the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) and has significant funding to power the recovery and growth of SMEs across Britain over the coming years. LendingCrowd is backed by Scottish Enterprise and a number of prominent investors from Scotland’s finance and entrepreneurial scene and has accessed capital to lend across the platform from significant international institutional funders.
LendingCrowd actively encourages the generation and development of ideas from all team members to grow the business. We are currently working remotely but will return to the West End of Edinburgh in the next 12 months.
LendingCrowd is looking for a talented Group Financial Accountant responsible for a variety of financial accounting and reporting tasks. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will bring finance experience from a similar role to enhance our ambitious growth plans. This role would suit a recently qualified or qualified by experience Financial Accountant.
The responsibilities of the Group Financial Accountant:
- Prepare monthly management accounts for multiple entities
- Own monthly MI reporting and assist in the development of KPI dashboards
- Prepare of daily client money reconciliation
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process
- Respond to year-end audit queries
- Collate information for regulatory reporting
- Develop institutional funding reporting
- Prepare technical accounting papers for senior management and/or the Audit and Risk Committee
- Update and maintain operational procedures
- Participate in various project workstreams
- Deputise for the Financial Controller
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role and have the following skills and experience:
- recently qualified or qualified by experience Financial Accountant
- track record of delivering within tight deadlines
- strong verbal and written communication skills, with experience of disseminating quality information to internal and external stakeholders
- experience of working with large and complex spreadsheets and/or other data analytical tools
- able to take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment
- experience of liaising with external auditors and other professional parties
- proactive, solutions focused and able to work well as part of a team or independently
It would also be beneficial to your application if you can demonstrate:
- experience of financial modelling
- experience of working within a financial services environment
- working knowledge of VAT and Corporation Tax
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in shaping and growing the Finance function and contribute to the continued development of accounting policies, processes and approach.
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role, email your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com