Graduate Account Executive, Sales Team
Location: Edinburgh (currently remote)
Are you looking for your first break in the exciting world of fintech after graduating from Uni?
LendingCrowd is on a mission to change the way small businesses borrow money to invest, recover and grow. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable lending platform that provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of business borrowing – earlier this year we signed a new funding partnership with Barclays PLC and another large global investment organisation to lend £100m to small businesses across Britain. It’s an exciting time to join us!
We’re looking for graduates to apply to join our Sales team – it’s a fast-paced environment where you are helping small business owners each and every day. You will receive a competitive salary, full training and you’ll be joining a true Scottish success story as we take the business to a different level, with the added benefit of huge development and career opportunities.
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has driven over £120m in lending to small businesses, including a significant share of lending to businesses in Scotland. LendingCrowd is positioned to become the trusted choice for SME financing, with a culture of ‘doing the right thing’ at the core of LendingCrowd’s purpose. We actively encourage the generation and development of ideas from all team members to grow the business. We are currently working remotely but will return to hybrid working with premises in Edinburgh in the next 12 months – so you need to be based within a commute to Edinburgh.
As a key part of our scaling and growth, we have opened an exciting role within our Broker team for an enthusiastic, pro-active Graduate Account Executive. If you love the thought of doing deals and the thrill of making a difference to the lives of small businesses and their owners, this is the role for you! Your focus will be account managing a set of partners and driving their clients’ loan applications through our sales pipeline – you will be driving quality leads from partners and seeing these through from application to completion. We work as a team, so our commercial targets are at a team rather than individual level. We have the funding in place to lend more to SMEs in the next 12 months than we have in the previous eight years!
- Managing a number of introducers (brokers) to drive more loan applications into the LendingCrowd sales pipeline
- Building, nurturing and maintaining relationships with a variety of brokers and business owners
- Maximising the pipeline of eligible applications passed to our Credit Team
- Following up deal progress and getting deals over the line
- Deliver against team targets for lending origination
- Pitching LendingCrowd and its proposition to partners and customers alike
- Working with the team to improve conversion rates across our partners
- Ensure that brokers and other related partners understand LendingCrowd’s product and platform and comply with our guidelines
- Liaising with our Credit Team to ensure the correct business information is presented with each loan application
- Maintaining accurate, compliant, up-to-date information on our CRM system
- Delivering performance metrics and review presentations/meetings with broker partners
Skills and Experience
We welcome applications from new graduates to this position. In terms of skills and experience, we would expect you to display:
- Confidence and an outgoing, personable nature – able to build and maintain rapport
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (phone, email, face to face)
- Analytical skills and the ability to understand and interpret data (e.g. conversion rates, efficiency improvements etc)
- A drive to achieve and exceed targets, getting a buzz from each deal completed
- High motivation, self-discipline and the ability to act in a professional manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Business acumen and ideally relevant University education
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to work under pressure and deliver in a time sensitive manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- A great team-working ethic
We have sponsored team members through Chartered Banker Institute qualifications to ensure that they build a career at LendingCrowd beyond the role.
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role, email your CV to email@example.com