Head of Software/Product Development
Location: Edinburgh (currently remote)
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable lending platform that provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of business borrowing – we encourage people to think outside the bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has driven over £85m in lending to small businesses, including a significant share of lending to businesses in Scotland. LendingCrowd is positioned to become the trusted choice for SME financing, with a culture of ‘doing the right thing’ at the core of LendingCrowd’s purpose.
LendingCrowd was accredited by the British Business Bank to provide loans under the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) and has significant funding to power the recovery and growth of SMEs across Britain over the coming years. LendingCrowd is backed by the Scottish Investment Bank (the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise) and a number of prominent investors from Scotland’s finance and entrepreneurial scene, and has accessed capital to lend across the platform from significant international institutional funders.
LendingCrowd actively encourages the generation and development of ideas from all team members to grow the business. We are currently working remotely but will return to the West End of Edinburgh in the next 12 months.
LendingCrowd is looking for a hands-on professional with experience of people and supplier management to join its Technical Team. As Head of Software/Product Development, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our leading-edge platform and the management and integration of best-of-breed solutions from third-party suppliers.
Opportunities for further development include participating in the strategic development of our technology roadmap and learning from experienced professionals across the business in areas such as Risk and Compliance, Credit, Finance, Sales and Marketing. There will also be exposure to senior leadership teams, including our Executive Committee and Audit and Risk Committee.
Reporting to our Chief Information Officer (CIO), this role includes line management, technical leadership and building relationships with stakeholders. Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Agreeing development priorities with key stakeholders and third-party suppliers.
- Creating product requirements and development plans.
- Managing development workstreams against plans to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Aligning software development processes with the overall business and technology strategy.
- Continuously improving and developing software and technical solutions, outcomes and practices.
- Recruiting, managing and growing the technical talent, providing mentorship and technical guidance.
- Line managing web application developers in line with the company’s HR processes.
- Assisting the CIO in developing the technical architecture of the platform.
- Conducting information security reviews and continually improving the company’s information security processes and plans.
- Conducting business continuity reviews using internal or external teams as appropriate and continually improving the company’s business continuity plans.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will need to have shown demonstrable success in a similar role. In terms of experience, we would expect you to have:
- A track record of managing, leading and developing individuals and teams.
- An extensive software development background, which must include Linux, Agile methodologies, SQL, test-driven development and web application development.
- Experience of working with cloud technologies such as AWS, or Azure, along with SaaS providers such as Salesforce CRM.
- Experience of integrating and managing third-party systems to create best-of-breed scalable solutions.
- The ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- The ability to influence stakeholders, senior management and peers.
- Experience of working in an information security environment such as ISO27001.
It would also be beneficial to your application if you can demonstrate:
- Relevant professional qualifications.
- Experience of working in the financial services sector.
- Confidence in developing business information reporting and data analytics.
- Experience of working in a scale-up business.
- Experience of Ruby on Rails application development.
- Awareness of business continuity issues and approaches.
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role, email your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com