Investor Customer Service Executive x2
Manager: Investor Relations Lead
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with in-depth financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable digital marketplace, matching investors that want to generate greater returns with small businesses who need funding to grow and flourish. LendingCrowd provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of borrowing – we encourage people to Think Outside The Bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has facilitated over 650 loans to SMEs across the UK, totalling over £57m (with over £14m loaned in Scotland). We were one of the first fintech lenders to receive full Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorisation in 2016 and launched one of the first Innovative Finance ISAs on the market in 2017. To date, over 7,100 investors have signed up to the platform. LendingCrowd is backed by Scottish angel syndicate Equity Gap, the Scottish Investment Bank (the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise) and a number of prominent investors from Scotland’s finance and entrepreneurial scene.
LendingCrowd actively encourages the generation and development of ideas from all teams to grow the business. We are based in the attractive West End, have an in-house gym and an open, proactive and team-focused culture.
Could you play an active role in our success? As part of our expansion, we are looking for talented Investor Customer Service Executives to join our Marketing Team and engage with our new and existing investors on a daily basis via telephone, email and other comms channels. Reporting to our Investor Relations Lead, you will support investors through the customer journey from onboarding to funding, with a proactive focus on outbound communications.
You will be building rapport with our investors, gathering feedback in order to provide LendingCrowd with a consistent insight as to what investors would like from LendingCrowd and what they like or dislike about our products. Keeping them updated about their investment performance is also crucial and using upsell and retention opportunities to wed them to the platform.
- Manage onboarding of new investors, ensuring they provide documentation and deposit funds to invest
- Deal with investor queries by email, phone and other comms channels as required
- Implement proactive retention and engagement campaigns to segments of the investor base
- Build relationships and trust with investors through all communications channels to ensure an excellent standard of customer service
- Identify issues encountered by our lenders and offer simple explanations and solutions
- Manage your diary and the CRM system effectively, promptly following up with calls and emails to investors
- Conduct regular operational tasks e.g. investor KYC/AML checks, reporting, promotional bonus reporting
- Develop a strong understanding of the LendingCrowd platform, accounts and services to provide clear, concise and accurate information to investors
- Collect investor feedback, surveys and case studies
- Respond to and record complaints and escalations
- Work with other members of the team to improve processes and control procedures
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Credit, Sales, Finance) to answer detailed investor queries
- Manage and implement customer save tactics
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as and when required by the business
- Attend meetings with other operational staff and Management in order to provide consistent insight into what’s working and what lenders would like
You would be required to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you will be required to talk and write to investors and High Net Worth Individuals
- Possess the confidence, patience, honesty and flexibility necessary to connect with a wide range of people and adapt effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proactive and enthusiastic attitude and focus on customer deliverables
- Business acumen matched with a desire to hit targets on retention and engagement – every loss treated personally
- Understand the importance of treating customers fairly and hold a track record for going the extra mile in order to ensure that the customer feels valued
- An ability to manage your own time, priorities and use your initiative
- Degree/Experience in customer service, customer marketing or a related field
- Some experience working in a financial and/or technology based environment
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role just email your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org