Location: Edinburgh (currently remote)
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable lending platform that provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of business borrowing – earlier this year we announced a transformational new £100m facility to fund small business recovery and growth – we encourage people to think outside the bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has driven over £117m in lending to small businesses, including a significant share of lending to businesses in Scotland. LendingCrowd is positioned to become the trusted choice for SME financing, with a culture of ‘doing the right thing’ at the core of LendingCrowd’s purpose. The business is preparing for substantial investment in further building and scaling its platform and is on course to record its best ever results this year. LendingCrowd is backed by the Scottish Investment Bank (the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise) and a number of prominent investors from Scotland’s finance and entrepreneurial scene.
LendingCrowd is always looking to ‘do the right thing’ and actively encourages the generation and development of ideas from all team members to grow the business. We are currently working remotely but will return to hybrid working with premises in Edinburgh in the next 12 months.
As a key part of our continued expansion, we are seeking a dynamic individual with a growth mindset to join our Portfolio Management team. This is an exciting time in the evolution of our businesses as we build on and embed our position as a trusted provider of debt to SMEs across Britain. Your focus will be proactively managing our borrower and retail lender portfolios, delivering the highest standards of service.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the continued development of credit risk policy, lending parameters, internal feedback loops and product criteria, and participate as a member of our Portfolio Management Committee. In addition, you may support the Director of Credit & Portfolio Management with the delivery of strategic projects.
- Providing a service to borrowers to assist in managing their loan (early repayments, new lending, forbearance, payment queries, general enquiries)
- Proactively managing borrower queries and monitoring alerts
- Completing borrower reviews on an annual basis, or as part of the in-life events process
- Managing borrower communications to assist with the collection of overdue repayments
- Managing the defaulted borrowers process and liaise with the Recoveries team
- Managing and conducting outbound communication campaigns to meet marketing or operational goals
- Leading the relationship with a portfolio of borrowers that present additional risk (e.g., debt quantum, complexity, trigger of certain in-life events)
- Presenting key borrower metrics at Executive Portfolio Management Committee
- Completing thematic case review in liaison with recoveries
- Assessing and making decisions on certain in-life events (e.g., forbearance) for borrowers outside of the high-risk portfolio under own delegated authority
Retail lender enquiries:
- Managing inbound enquiries to assist lenders in the management of their LendingCrowd account
- Maintaining and adhering to retail lender related processes
- Leading the day-to-day relationship with third-party suppliers
- Managing the process of customer complaints
- Proactively liaising with internal departments (e.g., Sales, Credit & Finance)
- Ensuring company records are kept up to date, in line with LendingCrowd’s contractual and regulatory obligations (FCA, ISA & British Business Bank)
- Taking ownership of the continuous improvement of portfolio management processes
- Contributing towards policy improvements that balance risk with customer service
- Providing summary management information of customer-related activities
Skills and Experience
In terms of skills and experience, we would expect you to display:
- A drive to provide quality output as part of a high-performing team within a volume lending environment
- The ability to meet deadlines and support colleagues in the Portfolio Management team to support our borrowers and retail lenders
- Experience of working within a regulated financial services environment
- Experience of proactively managing a portfolio of customers within a financial services business
- Confidence to liaise with borrowers at different levels
- The ability to interrogate and provide decisions on in-life events under own delegated lending authority
It would also be beneficial if you have:
- Experience of completing and analysing credit reference agency reports
- Experience of conducting and completing Anti Money Laundering and Know Your Customer checks on borrowers
- The ability to analyse and interpret financial statements provided by SMEs
We have sponsored team members through Chartered Banker Institute qualifications to ensure that they build a career at LendingCrowd beyond the role.
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role, email your CV to email@example.com