Sales Support Administrator, Broker Team
Location: Edinburgh (currently remote)
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable lending platform that provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of business borrowing – we encourage people to think outside the bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has driven over £85m in lending to small businesses, including a significant share of lending to businesses in Scotland. LendingCrowd is positioned to become the trusted choice for SME financing, with a culture of ‘doing the right thing’ at the core of LendingCrowd’s purpose.
LendingCrowd was accredited by the British Business Bank to provide loans under the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) and has significant funding to power the recovery and growth of SMEs across Britain over the coming years. LendingCrowd is backed by the Scottish Investment Bank (the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise) and a number of prominent investors from Scotland’s finance and entrepreneurial scene, and has accessed capital to lend across the platform from significant international institutional funders.
LendingCrowd actively encourages the generation and development of ideas from all team members to grow the business. We are currently working remotely but will return to the West End of Edinburgh in the next 12 months.
As a key part of our scaling and growth, we have a vacancy within our Broker Team for an enthusiastic, dedicated and proactive Sales Support Administrator. If you are an efficient worker with a keen eye for detail, then this could be the role for you! Your focus will be managing the supply of information into our customer relationship management (CRM) system and Credit Team, and supporting account managers in helping small businesses get the funding they need to recover and grow.
You will ensure the correct information is provided by partners and then complete business and consumer checks on business loan applications (with the best of tools and platforms provided), working with our Sales and Credit teams to provide an efficient, quality service. As a regulated business with focus on compliance, you would need to be able to follow processes and best practice.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Managing the input and quality of loan application information and checks
- Ensure all necessary data is supplied and recorded in our CRM by:
- Managing the CRM process
- Uploading prospective deals to the CRM
- Support Broker Account Managers to ensure a seamless process from initial receipt of a deal through to drawdown
- Conduct and analyse company, consumer and director/shareholder credit checks
- Carry out client ID checks as necessary for anti-money laundering (AML) purposes
- Manage and prioritise dealflow efficiently
- Continuously contribute to the overall improvement of the Sales workflow process
- Support the Sales function wherever required
Skills and Experience
You will have experience working in a sales function, ideally within a financial or other regulated organisation. In terms of skills and experience, we would expect you to display:
- The ability to work in a fast, efficient manner
- Clear oral and written communication skills (phone, email, face to face)
- Keen attention to detail
- The ability to work to best practice guidelines and be able to quality check department work to ensure that process is being followed
- A drive to achieve and build a career at LendingCrowd
- High motivation, self-discipline and the ability to act in a professional manner
- The skills to think on your feet and communicate effectively with key decision makers
- An ability to work under pressure and deliver in a time-sensitive manner
- A great team working ethic
We have sponsored team members through Chartered Banker Institute qualifications to ensure that they build a career at LendingCrowd beyond the role and encourage promotion from within the company.
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role, email your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com