You are here: Home » Careers » Senior Credit Risk Specialist
Senior Credit Risk Specialist (x2)
Location: Edinburgh (currently remote)
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable lending platform that provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of business borrowing – we encourage people to think outside the bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has driven over £172m in lending to small businesses, including a significant share of lending to businesses in Scotland. LendingCrowd is positioned to become the trusted choice for SME financing, with a culture of ‘doing the right thing’ at the core of our purpose. The business is preparing for substantial investment in further building and scaling its platform – last year we announced a transformational new £100m facility to fund small business recovery and growth.
We always look to ‘do the right thing’ and actively encourage the generation and development of ideas from all team members to grow the business. We are currently working remotely but will return to hybrid working with premises in Edinburgh.
As a key part of our expansion, we are looking for a dynamic individual with a growth mindset to join our Credit Underwriting Team. This is an exciting time in the evolution of our business as we seek to build on and embed our position as a quality provider of debt to UK SMEs.
Reporting to our Credit Underwriting Team Leader, your focus will be on the credit underwriting of loan proposals and assisting with other aspects of the end-to-end credit process, from initial debt servicing checks at the start of the credit process to the approval of loan and security documentation immediately prior to drawdown.
- Carrying out full assessment of potential borrower applications, from initial stage to drawdown
- Making decisions in line with Credit policy for applications within delegated lending authority
- Analysing and inputting financial data to complete full credit risk analysis assessments
- Working as part of a team to ensure that all deadlines are met in line with SLAs
- Contributing towards process and policy improvement that balances risk with customer service
- Ensuring compliance with credit underwriting procedures in line with business risk controls
- Supporting the wider team where required, assisting with drafting and registering of documents
- Confirming borrowers’ scheme and product eligibility
- Assisting with Peer Review Assurance Testing on a monthly basis
- Assisting with ad hoc data analysis requests where required
- Attending Executive Credit Committee
Skills and Experience
In terms of skills and experience, we would expect you to display:
- A drive to provide quality output as part of a high-performing team within a volume lending environment
- The ability to meet deadlines and support colleagues in the sales team to support our borrowers and brokers
- Experience of working with and providing services to SMEs within a regulated financial services environment
- The ability to analyse and interpret financial statements provided by SMEs as part of an application for debt facilities
- Confidence to underwrite SME debt proposals under own delegated lending authority
- Experience of providing input into the continual development of credit policy and processes
- Experience of using credit risk models for credit decisioning purposes
It would also be beneficial if you have:
- Direct experience of underwriting SME debt proposals within a financial services environment
- Experience of pricing for risk components (e.g. Probability of Default and Loss Given Default) as part of the provision of SME debt finance facilities
- Experience of maintaining credit risk models
- Experience of completing quantitative analysis on loan portfolios
- Experience of successfully interacting and presenting to the senior management team
- Confidence to drive ownership of strategic projects on behalf of the Director of Credit
Opportunities for further development
- Participating as a member of Executive Credit Committee
- Participating in the development of in-house credit analytics
- Contributing to the continued development of credit policy, lending parameters and product criteria
- Supporting the Credit Underwriting Team Leader with the delivery of strategic projects
We have sponsored team members through Chartered Banker Institute qualifications to ensure that they build a career at LendingCrowd beyond the role.
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role, email your CV to email@example.com