Senior Credit Risk Specialist
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with in-depth financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable digital marketplace, matching investors who want to generate greater returns with small businesses that need funding to grow and flourish. LendingCrowd provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of borrowing – we encourage people to Think Outside The Bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has facilitated over 560 loans to SMEs across the UK, totalling around £50m (with over £12m loaned in Scotland). We were one of the first in our sector to receive full Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorisation in 2016 and launched one of the first Innovative Finance ISAs in 2017. To date, over 6,700 investors have signed up to the platform. LendingCrowd is backed by Scottish angel syndicate Equity Gap, the Scottish Investment Bank (the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise) and a number of prominent investors from Scotland’s finance and entrepreneurial scene.
LendingCrowd actively encourages the generation and development of ideas from all teams to grow the business. We are based in the attractive West End, have an in-house gym and an open, proactive and team-focused culture.
Could you play an active role in our success?
The Senior Credit Risk Specialist is responsible for the effective assessment of credit applications, ensuring they meet minimum lending criteria. The role involves working with our proprietary risk analysis and pricing tools to aid decision making in an exciting high-volume environment where speed of decision making makes a real difference to our SME borrowers. The Senior Credit Risk Specialist has the authority to credit underwrite transactions within their delegated authority and is a member of the LendingCrowd Credit Committee.
- Carry out full assessment of potential borrower applications, from initial stage to drawdown, identifying deals that have borrowing potential
- To make decisions in line with Credit policy for applications within delegated lending authority
- Input of financial data where required to complete full credit risk analysis
- Work as part of a team to ensure that all deadlines are met in line with SLAs
- Work seamlessly with the Sales Team to assess applications and provide clear and concise credit assessment
- Assist the Recoveries and Finance teams in the drawdown stage and late payments when required
- Contribute towards process and policy improvement that balances risk with customer service
- Ensure compliance with Credit procedures in line with business risk controls
- On occasion, attend meetings with borrowers and intermediaries to provide credit assessment and to deliver exceptional customer service
- Manage the Credit Risk Specialist and the Credit Administrator and conduct reviews as appropriate
- Support the Credit Risk Administrator where required, assisting with drafting and registering of documents and ongoing monitoring of existing borrowers
You would be required to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified banker (or degree equivalent) with significant experience in the SME market
- High level risk assessment skills and commerciality
- Strong understanding of financial accounts
- Proficient in data extraction, manipulation and analysis using spreadsheets
- Planning and organising workload to ensure tasks are completed in line with business priorities
- Strong communication both verbally and in writing
- Excellent customer focus
- Knowledge and awareness of financial regulation, e.g. Financial Conduct Authority
- Self-motivated and achievement focus
- Team player
- Desire to self-develop and carry out CPD on an annual basis
- Good PC skills
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role just email your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com