Manager: Director of Operations
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with in-depth financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable digital marketplace, matching investors who want to generate greater returns with small businesses that need funding to grow and flourish. LendingCrowd provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of borrowing – we encourage people to Think Outside The Bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has facilitated over 650 loans to SMEs across the UK, totalling over £57m (with over £14m loaned in Scotland). We were one of the first fintech lenders to receive full Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorisation in 2016 and launched one of the first Innovative Finance ISAs on the market in 2017. To date, over 7,100 investors have signed up to the platform. LendingCrowd is backed by Scottish angel syndicate Equity Gap, the Scottish Investment Bank (the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise) and a number of prominent investors from Scotland’s finance and entrepreneurial scene.
LendingCrowd actively encourages the generation and development of ideas from all teams to grow the business. We are based in the attractive West End, have an in-house gym and an open, proactive and team-focused culture.
Could you play an active role in our success? As part of our expansion, we are looking for talented Web Developers to join our Development Team and work on new and existing web-based platforms. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will join us in ensuring the best possible experience for our staff, lenders and borrowers.
- Contribute to requirements and designs of new features
- Estimate backlog of activities and participate in Sprint planning
- Adhere to style guides, coding standards and test coverage
- Participate in code reviews
- Deploy new features to testing and production environments
- Prioritise own workload in line with business and Sprint goals
- Investigate bugs/issues in a timely manner
You would be required to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant degree/diploma
- Two years’ minimum experience and looking to join an agile team to grow your technical as well as soft skills
- Web application development experience, for example Ruby on Rails, Java, .Net
- Relational database experience – MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Working with agile methodologies
- Some experience working in financial and/or technology based environment
- Mobile development
- Operations provisioning – AWS
- Building and using web APIs
- UI/UX implementations
- Experience with test-driven development
- Data modelling
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role just email your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com