You are here: Home » About us
LendingCrowd, the leading financial technology (fintech) lending platform headquartered in Scotland, was launched on 1 October 2014 to fund the ambitions of businesses the length and breadth of Britain.
To support Britain’s vibrant and growing community of small and medium-sized enterprises, our leading-edge technology gets fast and flexible funding to where it’s needed most, helping them grow. We’ve also been helping the great British recovery as we support businesses impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Our innovative online platform is complemented by our highly experienced Credit Team, which oversees each loan application. We aim to deliver an outstanding customer experience and offer clear, transparent, rapid business terms and processes.
- Full FCA authorisation received in November 2016
- Accredited by the British Business Bank as a Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) lender in July 2020
- Accredited as a Recovery Loan Scheme (RLS) lender in February 2022
- More than 1,900 loans to businesses across Britain
- Over £251 million loaned through the platform by February 2024
- Ranked in the Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50 Awards 2019 and 2020
A proven and experienced leadership team
The team is led by founder and CEO Stuart Lunn, who has been working with high-growth tech companies for over 15 years, providing investment banking services and supporting their capital funding.
Bringing extensive financial services knowledge and expertise, Sir Sandy Crombie is Chairman. Sir Sandy is a former CEO of Standard Life and Senior Independent Director of Royal Bank of Scotland.
Stuart and Sir Sandy lead a growing team of professionals across marketing, credit and technology.