Location: Edinburgh (currently remote)
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable lending platform that provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of business borrowing – we encourage people to think outside the bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has driven over £170m in lending to small businesses, including a significant share of lending to businesses in Scotland. LendingCrowd is positioned to become the trusted choice for SME financing, with a culture of ‘doing the right thing’ at the core of our purpose. The business is preparing for substantial investment in further building and scaling its platform – last year we announced a transformational new £100m facility to fund small business recovery and growth.
We always look to ‘do the right thing’ and actively encourage the generation and development of ideas from all team members to grow the business. We are currently working remotely but will return to hybrid working with premises in Edinburgh.
As a key part of our expansion, we are looking for a dynamic individual with a growth mindset to join our Credit Underwriting & Lending Operations team. This is an exciting time in the evolution of our business as we seek to build on and embed our position as a quality provider of debt to UK SMEs.
Reporting to our Lending Operations Team Leader, your focus will be on assisting with the end-to-end processing of credit decisions, from carrying out initial checks on borrower applications through to the preparation of loan and security documentation.
- Completing initial checks on borrower applications to establish eligibility and early-stage creditworthiness
- Accurately reporting on findings following investigations of credit applications
- Monitoring, filing and reporting on all internal and external paperwork received for the Credit Team
- Assisting in day-to-day tasks to ensure that SLAs are delivered within the Credit Team
- Preparing all loan and security documentation, including registering appropriate documents with Companies House
- Contributing to improvements to processes and policy that balance risk with customer service
- Managing and building internal relationships with key functions within the business
- Assisting the Credit Quality Assurance Manager in the completion of Peer Review Assurance Testing
- Attending the Executive Credit Committee as an observer
Skills and Experience
In terms of skills and experience, we would expect you to display:
- A drive to provide quality output as part of a high-performing team within a volume lending environment
- The ability to meet deadlines and understand changing priorities throughout the month
- Experience of working within a regulated financial services environment
It would also be beneficial if you have experience of:
- Preparing loan documentation within a financial services environment
- Completing and analysing credit reference agency reports
- Reviewing bank statements to analyse for specific fraudulent activity
- Conducting and completing Anti Money Laundering and Know Your Customer checks on borrowers
Opportunities for further development
- Contributing to the continued development of credit policy, lending parameters and product criteria
- Supporting the Origination Team with the delivery of strategic projects
We have sponsored team members through Chartered Banker Institute qualifications to ensure that they build a career at LendingCrowd beyond the role.
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org