Credit Risk Manager
Location: Edinburgh (currently remote)
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable lending platform that provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of business borrowing – we encourage people to think outside the bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has driven over £187m in lending to small businesses, including a significant share of lending to businesses in Scotland. LendingCrowd is positioned to become the trusted choice for SME financing, with a culture of ‘doing the right thing’ at the core of our purpose.
We actively encourage the generation and development of ideas from all team members to grow the business. We are currently working remotely but will return to hybrid working with premises in Edinburgh.
As a key part of our expansion, we are looking for an experienced and capable Credit Risk Manager to join our team. This is an exciting time in the evolution of our business as we seek to build on and embed our position as a quality provider of debt to UK SMEs.
Reporting to our Chief Risk & Compliance Officer, this is a role for a confident self-starter who will be responsible for overseeing our Credit Policy and managing credit risk across the company.
- Overseeing and evolving the company’s Credit Policy through detailed analytical assessment of key credit risks
- Lending credit and portfolio risk analytics for strategic projects and governance requirements
- Managing Credit Risk inputs into portfolio pricing discussions
- Reporting to Executive and Board sub-committees as required
- Managing the company’s Risk Register
Skills and Experience
In terms of skills and experience, we would expect you to display:
- Experience of managing credit risk analytics within all aspects of the credit lifecycle, with particular focus on origination trends and back book simulation activity, including arrears performance
- Strong data analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Good understanding of statistical techniques, data and systems used in credit risk management
- Strong presentation and reporting capabilities
- Energy and enthusiasm as a proactive team member
It would also be beneficial if you have:
- Knowledge of credit model risk governance
- Experience of working in a business lending environment and general macroeconomic awareness
- Experience of managing company risk registers
Opportunities for further development
- Presenting to and collaborating with the company’s executive leadership, the Board and Audit & Risk Committee
- Taking significant ownership responsibilities in credit risk management activities
- Broadening your experience into operational risk
- Conducting operational process risk and control assessments
We have sponsored team members through Chartered Banker Institute qualifications to ensure that they build a career at LendingCrowd beyond the role.
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role, email your CV to email@example.com