Manager: Head of Finance
Salary: Based on experience
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with in-depth financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable digital marketplace, matching investors who want to generate greater returns with small businesses that need funding to grow and flourish. LendingCrowd provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of borrowing – we encourage people to Think Outside The Bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has facilitated over 650 loans to SMEs across the UK, totalling over £57m (with over £14m loaned in Scotland). We were one of the first fintech lenders to receive full Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorisation in 2016 and launched one of the first Innovative Finance ISAs on the market in 2017. To date, over 7,100 investors have signed up to the platform. LendingCrowd is backed by Scottish angel syndicate Equity Gap, the Scottish Investment Bank (the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise) and a number of prominent investors from Scotland’s finance and entrepreneurial scene.
LendingCrowd actively encourages the generation and development of ideas from all teams to grow the business. We are based in the attractive West End, have an in-house gym and an open, proactive and team-focused culture.
Could you play an active role in our success? As part of our expansion, we are looking for a talented Financial Controller to manage the daily running of the finance function accounting and banking tasks. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will bring financial experience from a similar role to enhance our ambitious growth plans. Ideally you will have experience in financial services.
- Ongoing management of financial systems and accounting records
- Review and finalisation of monthly management accounts
- Management of payroll and supplier relationships and payments
- Ensure daily tasks are carried out in line with the financial transaction procedures
- Review daily client monies reconciliation, ensuring processes and controls are being followed
- Contributor to the budgeting and forecasting process
- Preparation of key performance indicators and financial information for the Board, shareholders and other stakeholder reporting
- Collation of FCA returns and other regulatory reporting
- Support the debt collection process in relation to borrower repayments and any corresponding recoveries actions
- Manage and assist training and development of finance assistant
- Continually review and improve processes and controls
- Deputise for Head of Finance
- Participate in/lead various project workstreams
You would be required to demonstrate the following:
- A qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- Staff management experience
- Proficient in the use of accounting software
- Knowledge of client money rules
- Rigorous and consistent approach to monthly reporting procedures
- Solid Excel modelling skills with the ability to handle data in an efficient way
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Business acumen, self-motivation and strong relationship skills
- Easy-going nature and able to co-ordinate with different departments
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment
- Debt collection experience
- Knowledge of credit decision making
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role just email your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org