Junior Relationship Manager
Location: Edinburgh (currently remote)
LendingCrowd is a leading fintech business, shaping the way SMEs borrow money. Blending the latest cutting-edge technology with financial experience and backing, we have developed a scalable lending platform that provides an attractive alternative to the current limitations of business borrowing – we encourage people to think outside the bank!
Founded in 2014 and born out of Edinburgh’s vibrant and growing fintech scene, LendingCrowd has driven over £224m in lending to small businesses, including a significant share of lending to businesses in Scotland. LendingCrowd is positioned to become the trusted choice for SME financing, with a culture of ‘doing the right thing’ at the core of our purpose.
We actively encourage the generation and development of ideas from all team members to grow the business. We are currently working remotely but will return to hybrid working with premises in Edinburgh.
As a key part of our expansion, we are looking for a dynamic individual with a growth mindset to join our Loan Servicing team. This is an exciting time in the evolution of our business as we seek to build on and embed our position as a quality provider of debt to UK SMEs.
Your focus will be on managing our borrower and lender portfolios, delivering the highest standards of service. Key tasks will include assisting with enquiries, ensuring our records are kept up to date, and conducting account reviews and outbound communication campaigns.
- Providing a service to borrowers to assist in managing their loan (early repayments, new lending, forbearance, payment queries, general enquiries)
- Proactively managing borrower queries and monitoring alerts
- Completing borrower reviews on an annual basis, or as part of the in-life events process
- Managing borrower communications to assist with the collection of overdue repayments
- Managing the defaulted borrowers process and liaising with the Recoveries team
- Managing and conducting outbound communication campaigns to meet marketing or operational goals
Retail lender enquiries:
- Dealing with inbound enquiries to assist lenders in the management of their LendingCrowd account, while adhering to our retail lender-related processes
- Managing the process of customer complaints
- Proactively liaising with internal departments (e.g., Sales, Credit & Finance)
- Ensuring company records are kept up to date, in line with LendingCrowd’s contractual and regulatory obligations (FCA, ISA & British Business Bank)
- Participating in the delivery of management information for customer-related activities
Skills and Experience
In terms of skills and experience, we would expect you to display:
- A drive to provide quality output as part of a high-performing team within a volume lending environment
- The ability to meet deadlines and support colleagues in the Loan Servicing team to support our borrowers and retail lenders
- Experience of working within a regulated financial services environment
- Experience of proactively managing a portfolio of customers within a financial services business
- Confidence to liaise with borrowers at different levels
- Confidence to interrogate borrower information and recommend decisions on in-life events
- Experience of follow-on sales to customers
It would also be beneficial if you have:
- Experience of completing and analysing credit reference agency reports for SME borrowers and business owners
- Experience of conducting and completing Anti Money Laundering and Know Your Customer checks on SME borrowers
- The ability to analyse and interpret financial statements provided by SMEs
Opportunities for further development
- Supporting the team with the delivery of strategic projects
- Ownership and delivery of team activity management information
- Provision of a delegated lending authority for decision making on borrower in-life events
We have sponsored team members through Chartered Banker Institute qualifications to ensure that they build a career at LendingCrowd beyond the role.
Come join us and be part of our success story! To apply for this role, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org